Are you bored of peeled and cooked fruit for dessert? This panna cotta with berry compote is fresh, sweet and gives you fibre in an easy to digest way.
This dessert is especially great for those who want to add extra calories and nutrition to their diet to help gain weight. For those wanting to maintain or reduce their weight, having this treat once a week is a good balance between indulgence and health.
For the Panna cotta
- 200ml milk
- 200g double cream
- 60g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 gelatine sheets
For the Compote
- 250g mixed berries
- 50ml orange juice
- 50g sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Put the cream, the milk, the vanilla pod and the sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water until soft.
- When the liquid has reached the boil, add the gelatine and whisk until simmering, then remove from the heat.
- Pour into small serving glasses and keep in the fridge until set.
- Cut the berries in half, put them into a saucepan with the orange juice and cinnamon.
- When boiling add the sugar and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread over a tray and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Scoop some berry compote over the panna cotta and enjoy it!